Every year the festival works with a local charity partner and to date we’ve helped raise around £16,500 for good causes.
In 2019 we were delighted to be working alongside Rose Road, which provides much-needed emergency respite care for profoundly disabled children and young adults across Hampshire.
This is also a lovely one for us given that Gerard Basset OBE MW MS, a titan of the wine world and great friend, and his wife Nina have long been associated with Rose Road. Gerard sadly died earlier this year so the timing is bittersweet but meaningful for it.
Rose Road’s head of fundraising Chloe Atkins says,
“We’re delighted to be selected as charity partner for Wine Festival Winchester. Thank you to everyone who nominated us. Donations raised from the two days will help us to provide much needed emergency respite care for profoundly disabled children and young adults from across Hampshire. We’re excited to be attending the festival to share information about the vital services Rose Road provides to the local community.”
We raised an excellent £2,517.21 for Rose Road at the 2019 festival. Many thanks not only to everyone who kindly gave at the event but also Rose Road’s indefatigable and brilliant volunteers.
Thanks also to our generous prize donors. This was our biggest line-up of prizes ever and both we and Rose Road are very grateful. You can see the list of prizes as below – winners are being contacted.
We’ll be asking for nominations for our 2020 charity partner soon so please do keep an eye out for that.
- Kit Heath, silver ladies’ pendant and a sleek pair of mens’ black metal cufflinks kindly donated by Jeremy France Jewellers
- Half day cookery school for one person at SEASON, the Exclusive cookery school, located at Lainston House
- Two places on a Food and Wine Pairing Workshop and Lunch kindly donated by Enjoy Discovering Wine and The Little Pub Group (RRP £190) on Saturday 29 February 2020 at St James Tavern.
- Dinner for two at Hotel du Vin Winchester, including a bottle of sommelier recommended wine
- £100 voucher kindly donated by Côte brasserie
- 100% cotton children’s adventure bedding set from Pea (RRP £55)
- £100 voucher to spend at the Berry Bros and Rudd Warehouse Shop in Basingstoke
- Vineyard tour and tasting for two people kindly donated by Hattingley Valley
- A mixed pair from The Grange, Hampshire comprising one bottle of the CLASSIC and one bottle of the PINK.
- Voucher, product hamper and an hour’s professional make-up session kindly donated by Lord Hair Salon
- Bottle of Noval 10 Year Old Tawny Port kindly donated by Quinta do Noval
- A pair of Classic Wine Tasting Experience tour tickets, kindly donated by Denbies Wine Estate
- A copy of ‘The Pig: Tales and Recipes from the Kitchen Garden and Beyond’ kindly donated by The Pig Hotel
- A bottle of Leckford Estate Brut
- A ‘Time to Unwind, Twilight Spa Experience’ for two people, kindly donated by Holiday Inn, Winchester
- Two tickets to the Bombay Sapphire self-discovery experience
- £25 voucher kndly donated by H&B Style
- A bottle of Gosset Grand Rosé kindly donated by Champagne Gosset
- Christmas selection box of chocolates kindly donated by Chococo
- A bottle of Averys Special Cuvée Champagne
- A Cellier des Dauphins gift box containing three bottles of wine and some branded goodies
- Two tickets to the Ginchester Christmas market on 7th December 2019
- A pair of ‘Hydro-Wines’ kindly donated by Bio-Green
T&Cs: The Wine Festival’s decision is final. In no way does buying a ticket entitle purchasers to prizes. Winners will be announced after the festival. The Wine Festival reserves the right to publicise all winners’ names on this website and via social media. Free delivery for bulky items is to mainland UK addresses only. Bulky and/or fragile items may need to be picked up from Winchester after the event. Restrictions may apply. Wine Festival Ltd accepts no liability for prizes or any related issues beyond putting winners in touch with prize donors. In some cases, prizes may need to be re-assigned. Values quoted are approximate only and in no way can these prizes be exchanged for cash or swapped, passed on or sold. For more details please see our Terms & Conditions.
Tickets £40 per person