Every year the festival works with a local charity partner and to date we’ve helped raise over £8,500 for good causes.
In 2018 we are delighted to be working alongside Winchester Go LD.
Winchester Go LD is a local charity providing a wide range of support to adults with learning disabilities.
With just over 100 members, their work focuses on providing those they help with the confidence, skills and friendships needed to lead happy and independent lives. Through their amazingly skilled and caring staff, they are able to provide regular weekly social activities, sporting events, discussion groups, outings, courses and 1 to 1 support for their members.
We’re very proud to have Winchester Go LD as our 2018 charity partner. Huge thanks to everyone who took part in the nomination process – we really value your input. Sorry to those who we couldn’t support but we have even more fabulous options for future potential future partners too!
Thanks also to everyone in advance for supporting the prize draw at the festival. All money from this and the cloakroom will go directly to Winchester Go LD for their vital and fabulous work.
Winchester Go LD’s Betty Chadwick says, ‘We are thrilled to be selected as Wine Festival Winchester’s charity partner for 2018. Winchester Go LD has such a positive impact on the lives of its members and of their families, we look forward to showcasing what our charity is about at the Wine Festival – and we can’t wait to see you there!’
The list of delightful prizes for the 2018 draw is as below. Grateful thanks to all our generous prize donors – if you or your company would like to support by donating a prize, please contact Rosie via email.
- Riedel Performance decanter and six glasses (worth £175)
- Bottle of Classic and Wild Rose English sparkling wine kindly donated by Black Chalk
- £50 voucher for Japanese restaurant Kyoto Kitchen
- Silver and cubic zirconia rose pendant and chain (RRP £89) kindly donated by Jeremy France Jewellers
- Two tickets to the Bombay Sapphire self-discovery experience
- Chococo chocolate advent selection box
- Afternoon tea for two at Lainston House
- Four wristbands for Winchester Cocktail Week
- A meal for two including a bottle of wine donated by No 5 Bridge Street
- Family ticket for standard travel on the Watercress Line
- Meal for two at The King’s Head, Hursley
- Four tickets to Christmas Blues night kindly donated by Jade Companionships
- A tour of Hattingley Valley vineyard and tasting voucher for two people
- Cut, finish and treatment voucher kindly donated by Lord Hair Salon
- £30 meal voucher for River Cottage Canteen (Winchester) and signed original River Cottage cook book
T&Cs: The Wine Festival’s decision is final. In no way does buying a ticket entitle purchasers to prizes. Winners will be announced after the festival. The Wine Festival reserves the right to publicise all winners’ names on this website and via social media. Free delivery for bulky items is to mainland UK addresses only. Bulky and/or fragile items may need to be picked up from Winchester after the event. Restrictions may apply. Wine Festival Ltd accepts no liability for prizes or any related issues beyond putting winners in touch with prize donors. In some cases, prizes may need to be re-assigned. Values quoted are approximate only and in no way can these prizes be exchanged for cash or swapped, passed on or sold. For more details please see our Terms & Conditions.
Tickets £35 per person