Every year the festival works with a local charity partner and to date we’ve helped raise over £6,500 for good causes. In 2017 we are delighted to be supporting child bereavement charity Simon Says.
Simon Stanley was a 37-year-old teacher from Southampton who died from cancer. His wife Sally found there was no bereavement support locally for their two small children.
Their experience led to the establishment of Simon Says, which supports children through the often devastating effects of losing a loved one, and helps them rebuild their lives and move on. It’s estimated there are around 12,500 Hampshire children who have experienced a significant bereavement.
We’re very proud to be working with Simon Says in 2017 as our charity partner. Huge thanks to everyone who took part in the nomination process – we really value your input. Sorry to those who we couldn’t support but we now have a fabulous line-up of potential future partners too!
As ever, the lovely people from Simon Says will be running the cloakroom and prize draw at the festival. Last year we raised £3,363 for The Murray Parish Trust so it would be wonderful if we could beat that. Thanks in advance to everyone for their generosity (both prize donors, Simon Says staff and you, our lovely festival goers!)
The delightful prizes you could win by taking part in the prize draw are listed below. Those interested in supporting the draw should contact Rosie via email. Please seek out the charity volunteers at the festival to buy your tickets.
- A cookery course for two at HH&C Backstage, Limewood’s purpose built cookery school
- Silver and white sapphire pendant (RRP £140) kindly donated by Jeremy France Jewellers
- A round of golf at the Hampshire Golf Club for four people kindly donated by Social You
- A meal for two including a bottle of organic or biodynamic wine courtesy of No.5 Bridge Street, Winchester
- Two Discovery Experience tickets for the Bombay Sapphire distillery
- A magnum of Gosset Grande Reserve champagne kindly donated by Louis Latour agencies
- 10 litres of Emulsion paint in a colour of your choice courtesy of Farrow & Ball
- Two bottle gift pack of Danebury Madeleine Angevine 2013, award-winning still dry white wine plus a weekday visit to Danebury Vineyard by mutual arrangement
- A £50 voucher for food and drinks at Piquant, Winchester
- Delectable wine, gin and beer tasting day tour visiting Hampshire and Surrey’s best wineries, breweries and distilleries, with a delicious two-course lunch and luxury transport included. Kindly donated by Grape and Grain Tours grapeandgraintours.co.uk
- Ladies’ Cut and Finish voucher (worth £52) kindly donated by Lord The Art of Hair
- A signed copy of James Martin’s French Adventure cookery book
T&Cs: The Wine Festival’s decision is final. In no way does buying a ticket entitle purchasers to prizes. Winners will be announced after the festival. The Wine Festival reserves the right to publicise all winners’ names on this website and via social media. Free delivery for bulky items is to mainland UK addresses only. Bulky and/or fragile items may need to be picked up from Winchester after the event. Restrictions may apply. Wine Festival Ltd accepts no liability for prizes or any related issues beyond putting winners in touch with prize donors. In some cases, prizes may need to be re-assigned. Values quoted are approximate only and in no way can these prizes be exchanged for cash or swapped, passed on or sold. For more details please see our Terms & Conditions.
Tickets £30 per person