Every year the festival works with a local charity partner and to date we’ve helped raise over £6,500 for good causes. In 2016 we were delighted to be supporting The Murray Parish Trust.
The Murray Parish Trust is raising funds for the children’s Intensive Care Unit at University Hospital Southampton, which cares for children across not just Hampshire but nine counties in the south of England and Channel Islands. The initiative was launched by locally based actors and fundraisers Sarah Parish and James Murray after they lost their first daughter to a congenital heart defect. The trust is currently aiming to raise £2m via its #2millionSteps campaign, which the government has pledged to match.
We’re delighted to announce that the 2016 festival raised £3,363 for The Murray Parish Trust. Thanks to Sarah, James and their brilliant team. Thanks also to our wonderful prize donors for their generosity – and indeed to everyone who bought tickets to the prize draw or contributed via the cloakroom or Berry Bros’ tombola. The winners, who are drawn out of a hat at random, will be announced shortly.
Those interested in sponsoring the 2017 prize draw should contact Rosie via email. We’ll be announcing our 2017 charity partner soon.
Prizes for the 2016 draw included:
- Four self-discovery tickets for the Bombay Sapphire Distillery
- Three course lunch for two at River Cottage Canteen Winchester
- A mixed case of Exton Park’s award-winning sparkling Brut Reserve, Blanc de Noirs and Rosé, together with a tour for four people of this 55-acre vineyard in the Meon Valley, and a personal tasting with the winemaker Corinne Seely. (Mutually convenient date to be arranged).
- A meal for two at Rick Stein Winchester including a bottle of house wine.
- A cookery course to the value of £185 at Season, The Exclusive Cookery School at Lainston House
- Hair and Beauty gift card to the value of £150 donated by Guillaume Vappereau
- Three course dinner (including a bottle of wine), bed and breakfast at The Westgate, Winchester
- Three-month fitness membership (worth £130) at Winchester Racquets and Fitness Club
- Two tickets to the 2017 Grange Festival
- An accompanied tour and tasting at Hattingley Valley winery (and vineyard, weather permitting) in 2017 for two people
- A set of 4 Riedel Vinum Shiraz glasses (RRP £90)
- Two-bottle gift pack of Danebury Madeleine Angevine 2013, an award-winning still dry white wine
- T-shirt and gift voucher donated by Piecaramba
- Privilege card for use in the golf ball machine at Winchester Golf Academy
- £150 Maxims voucher
- Signed photo of European, PGA tour and Olympic Gold medal winning golfer Justin Rose
- Cellar Wines gift voucher worth £75
T&Cs: The Wine Festival’s decision is final. In no way does buying a ticket entitle purchasers to prizes. Winners will be announced after the festival. The Wine Festival reserves the right to publicise all winners’ names on this website and via social media. Free delivery for bulky items is to mainland UK addresses only. Bulky and/or fragile items may need to be picked up from Winchester after the event. Restrictions may apply. Wine Festival Ltd accepts no liability for prizes or any related issues beyond putting winners in touch with prize donors. In some cases, prizes may need to be re-assigned. Values quoted are approximate only and in no way can these prizes be exchanged for cash or swapped, passed on or sold. For more details please see our Terms & Conditions.
Tickets £30 per person