At Wine Festival Limited we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors.
Personal Data We Collect
We collect the following personal data about you:
Ticket Purchases: the personal details you provide when purchasing tickets for the Wine Festival. This includes your name, address, phone umber and email address.
Newsletter Subscription: the personal details you provide when you sign up for our Newsletter. This includes your name and email address.
Follow Your Taste Web App: the personal details you provide when you use our Follow Your Taste App at the Wine Festival. This includes you name, email address and postcode.
Other Information: personal details you choose to give when corresponding with us by phone or email, participating in visitor surveys, participating in competitions, or otherwise visiting and interesting with this site or any other websites we operation, and personal data that you provide to use when you visit the Wine Festival.
Automatically Collected Log Data: when you visit our site, our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the site. This log data includes your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (from which we understand the country you are connecting from at the time of your visit to the site, browser types and settings, the date and time of your request.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To register you with our website and to administer our website services.
- To acknowledge, confirm and provide your purchased Wine Festival tickets.
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide you with your personalised wine list as a record of the wines you have tasted at the Wine Festival, where you have signed up to use our Follow Your Taste Web App
- To provide you with our Newsletter, where you have consented to receive such information
- For assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer, information and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you with information about Wine Festival Limited which we believe will closely match your preferences.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
- To administer any prize draws or competitions or other promotions that you choose to enter.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- For other purposes which you have consented to at the time of providing your data.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosure Of Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to a buyer.
- Where we are required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Any credit / debit card payments and other payments you make through our site will be processed by our third party payment providers and the personal data you submit will be securely stored and encrypted by our payment service providers using up-to-date industry standards. Please note that we do not ourselves directly process or store the debit / credit card data that you submit.
Third Party Links
Personal Data Retention
To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data, applicable legal requirements or operational retention needs, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
Upon expiry of the applicable retention period we will destroy your personal data in accordance with application laws and regulations. In some cases we may anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer personal data.
Your Personal Data Protection Rights
Certain applicable data protection laws give you specific rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, if the processing of your personal data is subject to the GDPR, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your personal data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal data along with certain other details such as the purpose of the data processing. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
Right to rectification: If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your personal data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal data so you can contact them directly.
Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the personal data or object to us processing it. We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your personal data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal data so you can contact them directly.
Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your personal data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you. We will provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your personal data, and we will do so:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your personal data — unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or
- If we are processing your personal data for direct marketing.
Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw your consent.
Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your personal data, you can report it to the UK data protection authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office or ICO), or, as the case may be, any other competent data protection authority of an EU member state that is authorised to hear those concerns.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us as described in the “Contact” section below. We may also need to ask you for further information to verify your identity before we can respond to any request.
Tickets £35 per person